Cork minimizes impact sound, is foot warm day and night, and adds a cozy character to any space. What more could you want from a floor? Find out everything you need to know about environmentally friendly cork flooring here. Read on and be inspired!
What is behind prefabricated cork parquet?
In terms of its construction, cork flooring is comparable to laminate. In its simplest version, the base of the cork laminate is an HDF carrier board. Beneath it is a cork impact sound insulation backing. Above the carrier board is the heart of the floor - the decorative layer. While the decorative layer in laminate is printed with an imitation wood grain or other designs, in prefinished cork parquet it is a natural cork layer. To prevent the cork flooring from being attacked, we finally apply a transparent protective layer.
All cork floors at Parkett Hinterseer are equipped with a practical click laying system. With the help of the click system, the individual planks can be clicked into each other in no time and form an even surface.
16 arguments in favor of cork flooring
- tread resistant
- warm underfoot
- easy to clean
- water repellent
- high walking comfort
- allergy friendly
- floating installation
- reduces sound propagation
- excellent heat storage
- elastic and therefore gentle on the back
- Installation on underfloor heating possible
- can be combined with various interior styles
- environmentally friendly (rapidly renewable raw material)
- ideal for residential and lightly used object area (NK:23/32)
How to succeed in the installation of cork flooring!
Since the HDF core board of the cork floor has a practical click system, the installation succeeds even without extensive prior craftsmanship knowledge. Before you can start with the installation, be sure to check the subfloor.How to succeed in the installation of cork flooring!
Since the HDF core board of the cork floor has a practical click system, the installation succeeds even without extensive prior craftsmanship knowledge. Before you can start with the installation, be sure to check the subfloor.. Since the HDF core board of the cork floor has a practical click system, the installation succeeds even without extensive prior craftsmanship knowledge. Before you can start with the installation, be sure to check the subfloor.
This should be
- absolutely solid,
- and be level.
If these conditions are met, you will achieve a good result. The floor has unevenness greater than 4 millimeters per meter? Then you definitely need to level them out. For this purpose, floor leveling compound is suitable.
Prefinished cork parquet flooring: the flooring for plasterers
- Cork is considered to be very low-maintenance. To keep the floor clean, weekly vacuuming and an occasional damp cleaning is sufficient. Due to its antistatic property, cork flooring reduces dust and dirt sticking. For this reason, the flooring is excellently suited for allergy sufferers.
- The eterna® products from Parkett Hinterseer have a matted ceramic lacquer sealant. This protects the upper cork wear layer from dirt and moisture. If this is worn or damaged, you can simply sand some cork parquet variants and reseal them!
Cork convinces as a sustainable raw material
The natural material is obtained from the bark of the cork oak. The good thing about it: the trees do not have to be felled for the production of the flooring. While deforested trees need between 80 and 100 years to be reforested, the cork layer of a cork oak is already regrown after nine years. With a cork floor, you also reduce your energy costs. Due to its insulating properties, heat is optimally collected in the floor. In addition, prefabricated cork parquet stores CO2 and is fully recyclable.